My goal is to make beautiful, classic oil paintings of your beloved pet from photos you provide. If you haven’t commissioned a painting before, you might want to look over this information page to get an idea of what is involved. You are about to initiate the making of a personal, one-of-a-kind oil painting — a memento of your special companion. Once you’ve looked over this page feel free to contact me with your questions. I’m happy to discuss the process further.
First, refer to my price list page for rough idea of what a painting might cost.
Here’s how it works:
- Send me an email. Tell me about your pet and send some photos of your pet.
- Be sure to check out my photo tips page which includes links to some helpful youtube videos.
- I’ll reply to your email and set up a time to chat about the portrait. Then I will create some digital mock ups of the compositions.
- Once we’ve agreed on a composition, I will send you an invoice. Since this is a one-of-a-kind painting, work will not commence until payment is received in full.
- Normally a commission takes about two to three months to complete (depending on the complexity and size). Let me know if you want the portrait for a specific date. I’ll try my best to accommodate your schedule.
- I’ll send you photos of the painting as it progresses. You’re free to give me feedback.
- When the portrait is completed, I’ll ship it to the address of your choice.